Oh, what a night it was.
As you probably know, Saturday night was the L.A.-based GLAAD Media Awards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills and, lo and behold, XFINITY was stationed on the red carpet (which, ironically, was blue!) to talk to the nominees and celebs in attendance.
Besides my live tweeting from the carpet (go check the XFINITY Twitter handle to see the photos and tweets I sent out), I also grabbed time with a lot of people to talk about their feelings about the GLAAD Media Awards (airing Monday night on Logo at 10 pm and available here with XFINITY On Demand starting April 5th and then also online starting April 11) and some of the issues the LGBT community is facing.
Here are a handful of the interviews I grabbed last night with more to come throughout the coming week. Enjoy!
The “Shadowhunters” fans were very vocal online as I posted the above photo with stars Harry Shum, Jr. and Matthew Daddario, so here is our interview where they talk about the on-screen Malec relationship as well as tease this Tuesday’s first season finale!
Out Aussie singer Troye Sivan has legions of fans, and while he didn’t sing last night (he told me why in this interview), he was glad to be there.
One of my favorite people to talk with is Judith Light, who was there for the nominated series “Transparent.”
I had to ask Candis Cayne if she thought Caitlyn Jenner deserved the scrutiny she’s received. Watch for her answer here:
Curious who won at Saturday night's awards? Here are the winners:
- Vanguard Award: Demi Lovato (presented by Nick Jonas)
- Stephen F. Kolzak Award: Ruby Rose (presented by Taylor Swift)
- Outstanding Reality Program: TIE: “I Am Cait” (E!) and “I Am Jazz” (TLC) (accepted by Caitlyn Jenner and Jazz Jennings)
- Outstanding TV Movie or Limited Series: “Bessie” (HBO) (accepted by Queen Latifah)
- Outstanding Drama Series: “Sense8″ (Netflix) (accepted by Lilly Wachowski, co-creator of “Sense8”)
- Outstanding Spanish-Language Television Interview: “Orientación sexual y acoso escolar” Realidades en Contexto (CNN en Español) (accepted by CNN en Español anchor Mercedes Soler and Marcos Saldivar]
- Outstanding Film–Wide Release: “Carol” (The Weinstein Company)
- Outstanding Comedy Series: “Transparent” (Amazon Instant Video)
- Outstanding Documentary: “Kumu Hina” (PBS)
- Outstanding Daily Drama: “The Bold and The Beautiful” (CBS)
- Outstanding Music Artist: Troye Sivan for “Blue Neighbourhood” (Capitol Records)
- Outstanding Comic Book: “Lumberjanes,” written by Noelle Stevenson, Shannon Watters, Kat Leyh (BOOM! Studios)
- Outstanding Talk Show Episode: Janet Mock for “Super Soul Sunday” (OWN)
For more on GLAAD, visit the website.
Got a comment for the LGBT site? Tweet @JimHalterman or his Facebook page with your question.
The opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast.