Plus, "Survivor's Remorse," "Boardwalk Empire" and other hit TV shows worth checking out this week. There's also what's hot (Missy Elliot's weight loss) and not (Shamil Tarpischev's ignorant comments).
My Weekly Watchlist
1. “Sleepy Hollow.” I admit, I kind of fell off watching the second season but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t check it out. I’m sure I’ll binge on it soon (You know I love binging!). It airs Mondays at 8 p.m. ET on Fox.
2. “Gotham.” This is another one that I have to catch up on. I like the show, just need to cozy up with my remote and watch it On Demand. It airs Mondays at 9 p.m. ET on Fox.
3. “What What Happens Live!” Tip “T.I.” Harris visits the clubhouse tonight and I’m curious what things host Andy Cohen (y’all know he’s wacky) will have him and fellow guest Matthew Broderick do. It airs Monday at 11 p.m. ET on Bravo.
4. “Jimmy Kimmel Live.” Ice Cube will visit tonight and I’m also curious what funny things he may do on the show (remember when he said nice things angrily? I know, he was kind of feeding the stereotype…). It airs Monday at 11:35 p.m. ET on ABC.
5. “black-ish.” I’m still giving this show a shot. The actors are great and the subject matter is good, too. I just wish the writing was sharper and the scenarios (based on the writing) were executed a bit better. It airs Wednesdays at 9:30 p.m. ET on ABC.
6. “American Horror Story: Freak Show.” OK, we got introduced to Angela Bassett’s character Desiree Dupree, “a full-blown hermaphrodite” with “three [breasts], proper girl parts and a [penis].” Yeah… We also saw Patti LaBelle debut as Corathe maid (I know they have more cooked up for her). It airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m. ET on FX.
7. “Scandal.” Last week we saw the first daughter evade a scandal and Jake framed for her brother’s death. How will it all play out this week? Only one way to find out. It airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.
8. “How to Get Away with Murder.”Last week, we surprisingly watched as Annalise took off her wig and removed her makeup, earrings and rings before shocking us by asking her hubby Sam: “What’s your penis doing on a dead girl’s phone?” Whoa! How will Sam respond to that episode’s last nine words? Tune in Thursday at 10 p.m. ET on ABC to find out.
9.“Survivor’s Remorse.“ You know a TV show is good when you don’t want it to end. And that’s exactly what happened when I watched the latest episode of this new Starz comedy. I couldn’t stop laughing (that kid in a coma was a trip) and wanted more of the Calloway family and their escapades. Plus, the writing is solid and the actors can, well, act. It airs Saturdays at 9 p.m. ET on Starz.
10. “The Walking Dead.” Michonne, Rick and the crew help out a pastor, Fr. Gabriel Stokes (Seth Gilliam, another “The Wire” alum), who in turn is allowing them to rest up at his church. A grizzly truth was also confirmed at the episode’s end (eww, yuck!). See how the crew handle it Sunday at 9 p.m.ET on AMC.
11. “The Good Wife.” It’s official, Alicia’s running for Illinois State’s Attorney and with the backing of her hubby the governor. I wonder what dirt they’ll uncover and will Florrick Agos move to Lockhart Gardner’s headquarters? Watch it Sundays at 9 p.m. ET on CBS.
12. “Boardwalk Empire.” “Boardwalk Empire’s” final season is like Michael Corleone at the end of the first “The Godfather” film: killing off everyone to tie up loose ends. The l”everyone” in “Boardwalk’s” case are cast members Mickey Doyle, Nelson Van Alden, Sally Wheet and sadly, Chalky White. Yep, the only brother to be featured in all five seasons has been killed off and I still am not sure how he ended up on that chain gang (??). I guess now, the show’ll focus on Nucky’s life and the outcomes of other real-life characters like Al Capone, Lucky Luciano and Meyer Lansky. It airs Sundays at 9 p.m.
Watch the latest “Boardwalk Empire” episode
[iframe http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Boardwalk-Empire/4985172423007285112/343133763646/Boardwalk-Empire-55-%28HBO%29/embed 580 476]
The Hot List: Who/What’s Hot, Not
HOT: Missy Elliot dropping 70 pounds (Girlfriend looks fab!).
NOT: Russian Tennis Federation head Shamil Tarpischev’s derogatory comments about tennis greats Venus and Serena Williams (Along with the love, these talented girls get so much hate from people are their gifts on the court).
HOT: Celebrity parents having Halloween fun with their little ones (These children are adorbs!).
NOT: Georgia teen Shamil Tarpischev’s allegedlby being pulled over at gunpoint for a seatbelt violation (Really?!).
The opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast.