All summer long people wondered about one thing: Where on Earth is Olivia Pope?
“I can’t tell you, but you will know in the season premiere immediately, you will know where she went and it’s really good. It’s worth the wait,” “Scandal” star Kerry Washington told Jimmy Fallon Tuesday night.
A week ago, that response would’ve been unacceptable (how can you keep gladiators waiting?!) but since the season 4 premiere is less than 36 hours away, I guess we can live with it.
Mrs. Washington Asomugha visited “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” to promote “Scandal’s” upcoming new season and revealed a few things about herself that may have been unknown to even the most dedicated gladiators. She also played a round of “Box of Lies” with Jimmy (it reminded me of “The Price Is Right”).
I enjoyed watching Kerry and Jimmy's chemistry during the Q&A. And, as all interviews should do, I walked away learning more about her. Therefore, I'm going to share the 7 facts that she revealed that stood out to me. Read it and then watch the interview below and see if anything else stands out for you.
“Scandal” airs Thursday at a new time, 9 p.m. ET, on ABC.
1. Jimmy had to keep Kerry’s pregnancy a secret. The last time Kerry was on “The Tonight Show” she was preggers but hadn’t publicly confirmed the news. “I know I had to keep a big secret,” Jimmy says. (Yeah, but we all knew she was pregnant.)
2. Her baby girl, Isabelle Amarachi Asomugha, is an absolute stunner. We may not know what she looks like, but during the Primetime Emmy Awards last month, Kerry shared Isabelle’s photos with Jimmy. “Gosh, she’s beautiful,” Jimmy gushed.
3. There’s a more affordable way to dress like a gladiator. Want to dress like Olivia Pope? Then check out the “Scandal” collection for The Limited, which includes the whole look from the show. “The clothes actually have this little, tiny red tag on the inside that says ‘Gladiator in a suit.’ It’s very cool,” she shares.
4. She was “completely” obsessed with the 1984 movie “Splash” as kid. “I knew that I was a mermaid. This is not a joke,” Kerry shares. “I was the best girl swimmer in my neighborhood and I am still allergic to fish. So I had this theory that it was because I couldn’t eat my brethren.” Funny!
5. And that could possibly explain why she’s more comfortable in water than she is on land. “Seriously. And that’s rare, especially for a black person,” Kerry jokes. “That is a stereotype, people. Black people swim.”
6. She’s a big “Game of Thrones” fan and started watching because her parents watched it. “Which is a little weird sometimes when I think of the content of what happens on that show,” she tells Jimmy. “I cooked my mom a ‘Game of Thrones’ dinner for Mother’s Day two years ago.”
7. Kerry is funny. If you watched her on “Saturday Night Live” last November, then you may have picked up on this. But, just in case you missed it, her interview with Jimmy reminded that this lovely lady has a wonderful sense of humor.
[iframe http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Tonight-Show-Starring-Jimmy-Fallon/4759351141290148112/332855875755/Kerry-Washington%2C-Carson-Daly%2C-Julian-Casablancas-%2B-the-Voidz/embed?skipTo=902 580 476]
The opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast.